Superannuation Trustees 2012
- 21.8 percent of trusteeships are held by women
- 19 per cent (25) of trustees do not have a woman on their board
- 50 per cent (66) of trustees have 25 percent women
There has been a marginal increase in the percentage of women on Superannuation Trustee boards from 20.4 in 2011 to 21.8 per cent in 2012. Corporate funds are the clear leader, with a five per cent increase in the number of trustee positions held by women. Retail funds show a smaller increase, while industry and public sector funds have both declined in the percentage of trustee positions held by women.
Since introducing licensing for superannuation boards, the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA) has steadily lifted the bar for the skills and qualifications required to be a trustee. This trend is expected to continue and represents an opportunity for board renewal on many funds.
- Superannuation Trustees ordered alphabetically by organisation
- Superannuation Trustees ordered by sector
- Superannuation Trustees ordered by percentage of women
The good guys
In 2012 there are 16 superannuation trustees with a minimum of 40 percent female directors, down from 18 in 2011. They are listed below with the percentage of female trustees.
- AGEST (Australian Government Employees Superannuation Trust) Super Pty Ltd, 71.4%
- H.E.S.T (Health Employees Superannuation Trust) Australia Ltd., 53.3%
- ANZ Staff Superannuation (Australia) Pty. Limited, 50.0%
- IAG & NRMA Superannuation Pty Ltd, 50.0%
- Mercer Superannuation (Australia) Limited, 50.0%
- Perpetual Superannuation Limited 50.0%
- Sandhurst Trustees Limited, 50.0%
- Total Risk Management Pty Limited, 50.0%
- Vicsuper Pty Ltd, 50.0%
- Tasplan Ltd., 44.4%
- Telstra Super Pty Ltd, 44.4%
- SCS Super Pty. Limited, 41.7%
- ASGARD Capital Management Ltd., 40.0%
- Coonara Superannuation Services Pty Ltd, 40.0%
- TAL Superannuation Limited, 40.0%
- Westpac Securities Administration Limited, 40.0%
In 2012 there are 25 superannuation trustees without a woman on their board, down from 34 in 2011.
- A.U.S.T. (Queensland) Pty Ltd
- Australian Meat Industry Superannuation Pty Ltd
- Austsafe Pty Ltd
- BUSS (Queensland) Pty Ltd
- CCSL Limited
- Chifley Financial Services Limited
- Christian Super Pty Limited
- Coal Industry Superannuation Board
- Combined Fund Pty Ltd
- Electricity Supply Industry Superannuation (QLD) Ltd
- Energy Industries Superannuation Scheme Pty Ltd
- Equipsuper Pty Ltd
- Fiducian Portfolio Services Limited
- Fire and Emergency Services Superannuation Board
- First Super Pty Limited
- KCA Super Pty Limited
- LCA NOMINEES PTY. LTD.
- Maritime Super Pty Limited
- N. M. Superannuation Proprietary Limited
- Oasis Fund Management Limited
- OnePath Custodians Pty Limited
- Packaging Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd
- Sunsuper Pty. Ltd.
- T W U Nominees Pty Ltd
- Zurich Australian Superannuation Pty Ltd
About the Data
Base data from APRA was supplemented by Women on Boards research. Information on trustees that were unable to be contacted was found in publicly available annual reports and on company websites.