2012 National Learning with Leaders Series
At some stage in their career everyone becomes a leader. For many it is a natural progression, for others it is something that just happens seemingly by chance, while for others it is a clear pathway mapped out from early days. Has it happened to you and if so, how is it working?
The National Learning with Leaders Series is your chance to tap into some leaders who are much like you, and have navigated their pathways into interesting and challenging roles.
In each city, the panel will include a CEO, an entrepreneur and a new ASX Director. They have each been asked to speak about:
- Their personal leadership journey, including the experiences that shaped them
- The key influencers in their lives and
- Lessons learnt.
The panel will then discuss:
- What worked for them and if it will still be relevant in five years time
- If the career and leadership games are changing
- What you will need to do differently (or just more of) on your professional and leadership journeys
There will be opportunities for tables to discuss the panel presentation and to ask questions of the speakers.
Participant feedback from the Sydney breakfast
- An excellent mix of presenters, from different industries, with different career paths, but common leadership and career progression themes. Nice fit.
- I thoroughly enjoy attending these events to hear how individuals make it through to where they are at present. Extremely encouraging experiences!
- All three had an impact as raises more questions about how I move forward with my own longer term vision of what and where I want to be.
- About making your own path to success - following your dreams and making things happen and not waiting for others to make decisions for you.
- One had a strong vision that was challenging to lead others, one made life changing decisions to move across the world and one was and is at the for front in changing the view of women in the workforce, so all had strong impact for me.
The breakfast will be followed the popular three hour workshop - Getting Started: Recognising Your Career Potential. A light networking lunch will be provided after the workshop.
Who should attend?
- Professionals at all stages of their career
- People from in all sectors
- Those seeking to advance their career
- People who want to gain perspectives to inform future decisions.
Men and women are encouraged to attend as both genders needs to be across the issues moving into 2020.
The insights are invaluable. Quite often people may give vague advice, but this was very specific and targeted. - Sydney workshop participant.
Locations and Dates
|Sydney||Wednesday 18 July||Doltone House|
|Melbourne||Wednesday 15 August||The Hilton on the Park|
|Canberra||Wednesday 29 August||Hotel Realm|
|Adelaide||Tuesday 23 October||The Hilton|
|Perth||Thursday 25 October||The Parmelia Hilton|
|Breakfast only | Sydney and Melbourne||$99|
|Breakfast only | Canberra, Adelaide and Perth||$88|
|Half-day workshop and lunch only | all cities||$275|
|Breakfast, half-day workshop and lunch | all cities||$330|
|Corporate Table of 10 (breakfast only) | Sydney and Melbourne||$990|
|Corporate Table of 10 (breakfast only) | Canberra, Adelaide and Perth||$880|
A Learning with Leaders Lunch was held in Brisbane on 17 May. Information about this event
The Gidget Foundation is the national charity for the Learning with Leaders Series 2012.